Tuesday, July 17, 2018

The Pallet

Last year I finally made my dream come true (through much sweat and anger) of a pallet planter!!

Since it was the end of the summer, I didn't want to fill it up, so I popped in my absolutely favorite Purslane (which I cannot for the life of me get to re-seed itself! 😫) and a couple others and called it a day...




It's spriiiiiiing!!
Time to fill 'er up!

I got some succulents, perennials and a few annuals to sprinkle in some color and boy did it look perty!


I started off with the great success of not watering it as regularly as I should (the side that was tucked against the house under the overhanging level above didn't do so hot). 

And I should have waiting a bit longer, but I was so eager that I propped it up before the roots had fully taken hold in the soil.

This means that watering it is quite the experience. 
(I can't just use the
watering can or regular hose setting because it'll wash the dirt out the front!)

I have to mist it. 

Yeah. 

That's not time-consuming 😑

So it's not as stellar as I would have liked (especially the guys across the top!), but the succulents especially and several others are actually looking ok!

We'll see if they survive the winter, though.

It really is adorable and the perfect thing to fill in an otherwise blank space next to the house!






<<you can see it at the back of the edibles garden when I first propped it up






No comments:

Post a Comment